This section will guide you through more advanced features of Google Search.
"How can I use search operators and advanced options to narrow down my results?"
Google Search Operators
|Image from posterenvy.com [Accessed August 2015]|
Try http://www.agoogleaday.com/. What's your highest score?
Google Search Tools
Google Advanced SearchApart from using operators, you can also use Google's Advanced Search option.
If you click into this page, it gives you a lot more fields to complete before running your search, including usage rights. This is very important if you are looking for images to copy and use.
Types of usage rights:
- Free to use or share: Allows you to copy or redistribute its content if the content remains unchanged.
- Free to use, share, or modify: Allows you to copy, modify, or redistribute in ways specified in the license.
- Commercially: If you want content for commercial use, be sure to select an option that includes the word "commercially."
Find an image of an activity you are interested in. It must be free to use. Embed it in your blog:
- explaining why you chose it
- including the URL
- noting the date you accessed the image online